- Book Title: Asia 2014
- Subtitle: Comparing Cambodia, China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, and Vietnam
- Release Date: 2014-01-01
- ISBN: 9789810787561
- Pages: 4448
- Publisher: Wood Egg LLC
- Authors: Derek Sivers & dozens more
6630 answers to 3319 questions about 16 countries in Asia, by 103 local researchers interviewing over 300 experts, then compiled by 22 writers and 17 editors into this massive 4448-page ebook: “Asia 2014” — the ultimate guide to starting a business in Asia.
Each question is answered for each of the 16 countries in alphabetical order: Cambodia, China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, and Vietnam.
The systematic way it was organized makes it incredibly easy to use when comparing opportunities in different countries, side-by-side. So pick a topic of interest, then read each country’s approach.
- Which country is most open to innovative ideas?
- Which country has the most opportunity for you right now?
- Which is the best for incorporating your business?
- Which is the best for building a team of programmers?
- Which have a fast and driven work culture? Which are more laid-back?
- With which country will your business idea be most culturally aligned, and likely to thrive?
- Which has the best tax incentives and grants for startups?
- Which country is most welcoming to foreigners?
- Which country has the culture and values that appeal to you for living?
The answers are usually not what you’d expect. The real goal of these books is deep cultural insight, not just superficial bullet-point answers. At over 4400 pages, obviously you’ll get in-depth insights for each country, far beyond the usual “Doing Business In…” pamphlet.
In fact, this one book contains the contents of each of our 16 in-depth country guides, but just rearranged in this side-by-side per-question order for easy comparison.