Alexis is founder and CEO of Luxola.com, which grew to become the largest online retailer for beauty products in Southeast Asia, more specifically in Singapore, Indonesia and Thailand.
In this interview, Alexis will describe in detail how she founded Luxola.com, how she markets beauty products in different countries, her hiring philosophies and how she raised money.
- 3:50: How did Alexis find her suppliers and how did she set up a distribution channel in Southeast Asia? What did she have to pay attention to when importing?
- 6:55: The attraction of starting a business around physical products, specifically beauty products.
- 10:50: How the unique way of doing customer service helped the company differentiate in Southeast Asia.
- 16:00: What is the content strategy over different media for Luxola?
- 19:45: How does Luxola market differently in Indonesia, Thailand and Singapore? Why does Luxola have different websites for each country?
- 21:40: How Alexis build her team: how she hired in different countries and how her hiring philosophy evolved over time. The benefits of hiring in the countries she operates in.
- 32:05: What is fundraising like for an eCommerce platform in Southeast Asia? What is her relationship with her investors?
- 37:20: What exactly does Luxola use the raised funds for?
- 40:05: What is the startup and investing scene in Singapore, Indonesia and Thailand like?
- 45:35: The long term vision for Alexis.