Alvin is a technology entrepreneur and business leader with over 7 years of management experience in Greater China. Alvin co-founded mInfo, the leading Mobile Search Service in China providing natural language search services to users throughout China.
In this interview Alvin walks us through China’s business culture and shares his rich entrepreneurial experience in launching and advertising businesses in Asia.
- 1:05: How Alvin’s company mInfo got to be partner of the Beijing Olympics.
- 5:10: The general trend from B2B and B2Gov to a more human centered type of business.
- 9:10: How a diverse cultural background can help bridge cultural differences in business between East and West. What are the relevant cultural differences and how deeper relationships matter in China.
- 15:15: How to treat employees and create a company culture in the East.
- 18:15: Trends in Chinese education and how it impacts company culture.
- 21:13: How to train new hires and how it takes longer for Chinese employees to reach full independence. Where entrepreneurialism in China is really happening.
- 25:10: Strategies for recruiting top talent in China.
- 28:00: Managing western staff in China.
- 30:00: How to release and market apps in China.
- 33:15: Finding advertising channels to bring western products in front of a Chinese audience.
- 35:25: What makes a truly successful company in China.
- 38:50: What it takes for a western entrepreneur to do business in China.