As general partner at HAXLR8R, the “lean hardware” startup accelerator, Benjamin is an expert in hardware startups and Innovation Ecosystems in Asia. Also a sought-after speaker raising awareness around innovation strategies, he spoke to more than a hundred conferences.
In this interview Benjamin will speak about the ins and outs of hardware entrepreneurship and innovation in China and what you can do to increase your odds of success embarking on your entrepreneurial journey in Asia.
- 8:35: The path to hardware entrepreneurship
- 11:05: What are ways to differentiate a hardware product?
- 13:40: The future of hardware entrepreneurship and the transition from prototyping to manufacturing consumer products.
- 16:20: What is the process of doing product development? What are the steps necessary to go from an idea to a Kickstarter project?
- 20:15: The psychology around innovation and entrepreneurship in China. Four things you need to be aware of when expanding to China.
- 32:00: The global nature of Chinese companies.
- 34:15: The mindset of successful Chinese entrepreneurs and the differences with Western entrepreneurs starting out in China.
- 36:30: What to consider before entering the Asian market.