Mohan is one of the leaders of media and tech in Southeast Asia. As CEO and co-founder of e27 and Echelon, one of the biggest conferences in the region, his mission to grow the tech startup ecosystem hasn’t gone unnoticed.
In this interview he provides us with all the necessary insights in the startup communities in Singapore and other countries.
- 2:00: The humble beginnings of Echelon.
- 7:50: The vision of Echelon and how startup founders struggle with finding the right relationships in Southeast Asia.
- 13:35: What are Echelon events like? How did the ecosystem, and this the conferences, evolve over time?
- 17:35: Why startups must work together with governments in SE Asia to get something off the ground, and how Mohan did it.
- 23:45: How is the startup climate in Singapore, and how easy is it to start a Singaporean entity for foreign entrepreneurs? How easy is it to actually do business after that?
- 26:00: Overview of the entrepreneurial climate and opportunities in Indonesia and Thailand. What are the challenges there?
- 36:00: How do you figure out meeting the right local people?
- 37:45: Predictions and big opportunities for the region.